Diagnostics is a funny word, particularly when it comes to your vehicle. What exactly does it mean? Well, today all cars have more technology built into them than they did even a decade ago. The number of calculations being carried out by the 'computers' in your vehicle would make your brand new laptop or tablet seem like it is a relic from days gone by.
In many cases our engineer - GT AUTOS, is able to read relevant fault codes with your vehicle in the process of programming keys in.
Vehicles require so many minuscule adjustments per second that the vehicle is running, that complex programming is needed to maintain the efficient operation. Unlike your computer at home, vehicle computers record all the little things that go wrong and store them so that we can have a look at the health of your vehicle.
Diagnostics is important not only because it allows us to see the state of your vehicle's health, but also because it helps to keep our vehicles safe. If ever you get that little orange or yellow light on the dashboard - it's time to have someone query your vehicle. And the process used to do this is called 'diagnostics'.
The sorts of things which can be achieved through diagnostics is as follows:
- Read any fault codes, and also establish when they occurred.
- Understand if any faults are permanent faults, or if they are temporary faults.
- They can help you decide if you want to buy that vehicle or not. A vehicle with a lot of faults can end up costing you a lot of money.
- Programme remote central locking or even new keys into your vehicle.
- Adapt (add) new or replacement parts to your vehicle. Most cars do not simply allow you to plug in a new part - the rest of the vehicle's computers need to be told it's there.
- Check authenticity of mileage.
- Identify where problems may be occurring in the vehicle. Often a fault code is a symptom rather than the actual fault itself.
Our local engineer GT AUTOS in Post Code area DN15, DN16, DN17, DN18, DN19, DN20, DN21, DN32, DN34, DN38, DN39, DN40, DN41, DN9, LN7, LN8 may be able to help you with your diagnostic needs. Use us even if you want to check a vehicle before you decide to buy it. Any honest vehicle salesperson will encourage you to check out the vehicle they are selling. Make sure you're not buying a lemon! GT AUTOS will be able to tell you accurately what they can and cannot do. In DN15, DN16, DN17, DN18, DN19, DN20, DN21, DN32, DN34, DN38, DN39, DN40, DN41, DN9, LN7, LN8, for example, we have full diagnostic tools for Audi, Volkswagen, SEAT, Skoda, Peugeot, Citroen, Renault, Ford, Mazda, Jaguar, Land Rover, Nissan, Toyota, Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, Vauxhall, Suzuki, SAAB and Mini. And, we are adding to our dealer equipment all the time. Give GT AUTOS a call to see what we can do for you.